HA! What a statement. But I think it is true, as we all carry some untruths with ourselves.
To get rid of them means to unlearn, which is much harder then just learning new stuff. How do we do it? Turn our brains upside down and try to empty them? I don't know, but I do know that the first step is to become aware of your untruths. Sometimes even that is quite a leap.
Any thoughts?
Ana K.
(aka MayaTheBee)
Sunday, November 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I can't say that I know the answer to 'unlearning'; however, I share the same thought with you.
...I just deleted a whole essay just below that last sentence. I have too much to say about this 'unlearning' thing that I know nothing about~ haha
well, I hope to learn a lot as I unlearn a lot, as well :)
Please do share.
I would love to read your essay and see your perspective. :)
Wow, that was very well stated !!
I feel this way about my experience as a student. There are some things that we learn from teachers and later we are told that it's something we must disregard. There are also things we have experienced, like as students growing up. Many of the practices we have seen and experienced are no longer considered effective and we must now unlearn them.
I appreciate your enthousiasm and eagerness to share and reflect on experiences related to education. I would really like to take the time to share the experiences that all of us bring to the class. I think that is a great way to learn from eachother.
Take good care !!
Post a Comment