I would like to share what took place last Wednesday at Bristol. The day was going as usual. The two students who were going to run for school presidents were in my associate teacher's class. They had their speeches written and after talking we decided to practice them together. I was going to listen to them and give them constructive tips. It went well and they told me that some of my suggestions were a bit corny. I forgot how important it is to sound cool at this age. After wrapping up, I pulled out my music notes to review as my test was coming up the next day (it was during the break time). They were quite curious and I ended up sharing with them how music is not my strength and that I am nervous about upcoming test. The boy offered to help me. And voila, it happened. An exchange of knowledge, or if you want scaffolding took place. Right there and then! Not in an usual T->S kind of way, but the other way around. To make that happen, ego has to go down and what comes before the ego is LOVE of LEARNING. The entire experience felt great and it was the highlight of my day. THANK YOU N&W!
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Let's Share Our Knowledge
I would like to share what took place last Wednesday at Bristol. The day was going as usual. The two students who were going to run for school presidents were in my associate teacher's class. They had their speeches written and after talking we decided to practice them together. I was going to listen to them and give them constructive tips. It went well and they told me that some of my suggestions were a bit corny. I forgot how important it is to sound cool at this age. After wrapping up, I pulled out my music notes to review as my test was coming up the next day (it was during the break time). They were quite curious and I ended up sharing with them how music is not my strength and that I am nervous about upcoming test. The boy offered to help me. And voila, it happened. An exchange of knowledge, or if you want scaffolding took place. Right there and then! Not in an usual T->S kind of way, but the other way around. To make that happen, ego has to go down and what comes before the ego is LOVE of LEARNING. The entire experience felt great and it was the highlight of my day. THANK YOU N&W!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment